Welcome to the website for Locke D. Barkley, Chapter 13 Trustee
I hope that you find the information provided on our website both informative and helpful. Here you will find general bankruptcy information for debtors, their attorneys, and creditors. In addition to the information provided in the website, we have also included trustee office information, downloadable calendars for 341(a) Meetings of Creditors, and helpful links.
If you need additional information that is not available here, please go to the Contact List for further assistance.
Locke D. Barkley, Trustee
IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
- DOWNLOAD MATERIALS FOR TRUSTEE SEMINAR ON CHAPTER 13 PLAN. CLICK HERE
- DOWNLOAD MATERIALS FROM THE CLERK REGARDING THE PLAN, NOTICING, AND RULE CHANGES. CLICK HERE
- Information for paying plan payments direct to the Trustee. Click here.
- Requirements for rescheduling 341(a) meeting of creditors. Download information here.
STANDING TRUSTEE’S PLEDGE OF EXCELLENCE
Standing Trustees are committed to excellence and to providing a high level of trust and service to chapter 13 debtors and creditors. Creditors, debtors, attorneys, judges and others who come into contact with Standing Trustees are entitled to service which adheres to the highest standards of professional, moral and ethical conduct.
- The trustee’s office should be open and operating Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
- The trustee should have a system in place to promptly respond in a meaningful manner to inquiries from debtors, creditors, attorneys, and other interested parties.
- If the trustee is not personally available, the trustee should have competent staff available to assist or to respond to inquiries besuchen sie diesen link.
- The trustee should work to ensure that debtors comply with their obligations under the Bankruptcy Code and Rules.
- The trustee should work to ensure that debtors comply with the provisions of their plan and should take appropriate action if the debtor fails to commence plan payments when required or if there is a subsequent default in plan performance.
- The trustee should maintain a system which efficiently tracks the progress and the receipts and disbursements in every chapter 13 case, from the time it is filed until the case is closed.
- The trustee should have a system to timely and accurately record all receipts and disbursements on the appropriate debtor ledger.
- The trustee should disburse plan payments to creditors on a monthly basis, and should have procedures in place to properly classify and pay creditors’ claims and to detect and recover any erroneous payments.
- The trustee should ensure that all trust account ledgers and accounts are balanced on a monthly basis and should have a procedure to regularly review all cases with significantly large balances on hand or other fund irregularities.
- The trustee should maintain a reasonably comprehensive system of internal controls over accounting and office operations, both paper and electronic, to safeguard estate assets and trust funds.
Note: Neither the Trustee nor her staff are engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice. You should seek the assistance from a competent professional.